The United Way workplace campaign has been called one of the greatest social inventions in American history. Working together with employers and hundreds of local volunteers each year, United Way invites people to advance the common good and create opportunities for a better life for all.
A workplace campaign is an excellent way to demonstrate your company's commitment to the community, and can be a great team-building exercise for employees and management alike. Participation is not just a way for companies to show their community support. By allowing your employees to pay their pledges through payroll deduction, you empower them with the ability to help dozens of agencies for only a handful of dollars a week. A small gift from each paycheck through payroll deduction makes it easy for you and your employees to give back to your community. In addition, you'll have a chance to become familiar with the health and human service agencies that are available to everyone in Glynn & McIntosh counties.
United Way's annual workplace giving campaign is about bringing people together to tackle our community's most difficult issues because no one person or organization can do it alone. Whether you're a small business, major corporation, or even a nonprofit, you can join the local businesses and organizations that run workplace campaigns each year.
A workplace campaign gives organizations and their employees the opportunity to learn about our community's needs and gives them a convenient opportunity to get involved. We partner with a wide variety of businesses and coordinate hundreds of individuals, teams, clubs, and organizations at our yearly Days of Caring.
Why Run a Workplace Campaign with United Way?
Our goal is to help people become successful and self-sufficient. Like your business, United Way of the Coastal Georgia is about partnerships, setting goals, efficiency, and accountability. Here's why a partnership with United Way makes sense:
- It is a sound investment for your company. United Way's knowledge of the community ensures contributions are channeled to where the needs are greatest.
- United Way can help you develop a customized fundraising campaign that aligns with the values and interests of your organization and your employees. We also offer training and support in building your fund-raising team and running a great campaign.
- Convenience and affordability in giving options such as payroll deduction.
- We process all donations, eliminating the need for a third party pledge processor that lacks the ability to bring year-round, community-wide recognition to you and your employees.
- When your employees donate to United Way, 100% of their gift will be invested to help those in need in Glynn & McIntosh counties.
- Strategic giving -- opportunities for direct contributions by area of interest such as hunger and homelessness or workforce development.
- Special membership benefits for donors who give $500 and more annually.
Benefits to Your Company and Employees
A healthy community attracts new business, leads to a stronger labor pool, and improves the quality of life for everyone. Partnering is also a way to:
- Meet your company's philanthropic goals – we make it easy for your company to get involved and achieve your philanthropic or community based goals.
- Build trust and increase goodwill among customers by giving back to the community.
- Energize your employees. Focusing your organization toward a common goal helps build morale and teamwork.
- Offer a simple, convenient, and efficient way for your employees to support the community and causes they believe in.
- Connect employees to their community - United Way matches employee volunteer teams with great opportunities to help our community.
- Provide information about services, enabling employees to use them for themselves, friends and families.
Starting a Workplace Campaign.
We want to make it as easy and simple as we can for you.
Every workplace campaign is different and can be shaped around your organization's culture. Setting up and running a campaign is simple and we can help you every step of the way. We will provide you with brochures, posters, balloons, and support and direction. We will be glad to offer a presentation to your employees and depending on how large an employee base you have we can make as many presentations as are necessary to ensure that everyone gets the word. If you have a decentralized employee base, we’ll be glad to work with you on e-mail campaign specifically for your employees.
Most campaigns are easily set up so that employees can contribute through payroll deductions. Many companies increase their impact by matching a portion of their employees' giving.